Friday Lunch Break: Let's Get Distracted
image: Angela Moulton via Etsy
A few things I read this week:
1. I loved this article about teaching kids how to respect themselves and create boundaries for other kids and adults when it comes to their bodies. Help Protect Your Child from Sexual Abuse is a clear and succinct way to educate yourself and your children.
2. I had no idea Google has a satellite office here in Colorado. It's nowhere near as big as its Silicone Valley parent building, but the $131 million dollar campus has some pretty cool features!
3. Having trouble getting your kids to save their allowance (or do you feel like they still don't have a concept of how money and banking works?)? So did the author of "To Teach Your Kids Money Management, Start Your Own Bank". This article was down to earth, informative, and really funny. I might have to change our allowance system and open up Bank Craven!
4. "Age is Irrelevant When it Comes to Fitness" is a great read if you're feeling like you'll never get back on the exercise train (raises hand). Great information!
5. My husband sent me this article on how our attention spans are being hijacked by social media. Yeah, shocker. "Our Minds Have Been Hijacked by Our Phones. Tristan Harris Wants to Rescue Them" is a further discussion of Tristan's Ted Talk. And what's different about this discussion is Tristan has actual action steps that the big tech companies (and us users) can take to level things off.